Friday, December 25, 2009

My Green Voice

My 5th painting is my first original work. It was inspired by the green movement happening in Iran. I was having a lot of strange dreams after reading about all the arrests, tortures and killings happening all over the country. One of my dreams was about a girl trying to scream but all that was coming out was green smoke...no voice. . I woke up, put my blank canvas on the easel and proceeded to draw.

I can't draw or paint smoke so I had to come up with something else. Since I don't have formal training or much practice, the painting is very flat. As my new art instructor describes it, it is "poetic but crude". I want to do a few different versions of it. To me, this painting represents a very strong woman who has the courage to speak, despite the fact that she is stripped of everything and she has been through many many hardships. One part of her is crying, falling toward the earth and shielded. Another part of her is singing / screaming and moving forward with a strong stride. What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment